Patients’ rights in the Emergency County Hospital of Miercurea Ciuc:
1. Every patient has the right to access health care services of the highest standard available to society, in accordance with human, financial and material resources.
2. Every pacient has the right to be respected as a human being, without any form of discrimination.
3. Every patient has the right to be informed about the available health services as well as about the possibilities to benefit from them.
4. Every patient has the right to be informed about the identity and professional status of the suppliers of health services.
5. Every hospitalized patient has the right to be informed about the rules and customs to be followed during hospitalization.
6. Every patient has the right to be informed about their own state of health, the proposed medical interventions, the possible risks of each procedure, existing alternatives of the proposed procedures, including the non-appliance of a treatment and non-compliance of medical recommendations, as well as about the information regarding diagnosis and prognosis.
7. Every patient has the right to decide whether they wish to be informed or not if the said information made them suffer.
8. Information is brought to the patient’s attention in a respectful and clear language, with the minimization of specialized terminology; in case the patient does not speak Romanian, information is brought to their attention in their mother tongue or another language they speak, or if the case may be, another form of communication will be found.
9. Every patient has the right to expressly request not to be informed and to choose another person to be informed in their place.
10. Every patient has the right to request and obtain a second medical opinion.
11. Every patient has the right to request and to obtain, upon discharge, a written summary of the investigations, diagnosis, treatment and care provided during hospitalization.
12. Every patient has the right to refuse or to stop a medical intervention, taking responsibility for their decision in writing; the consequences of their refusal or of the stopping of the medical acts must be explained to the patient.
13. Every patient has the right to information confidentiality and privacy.
14. Every patient has access to their own medical records.
15. Every patient has the right to information, education and services necessary for the development of a normal sexual life and reproductive health, without any discrimination.
16. Every patient has the right to terminal care in order to die in dignity.
17. Every patient may benefit from the support of their family, friends, from spiritual and material support, and from advice during the entire act of medical care. Upon the patient’s request, as far as it is possible, the care and treatment environment should be created as similar as possible to that of home.
18. Every patient has the right also to the medical services of an accredited doctor outside the hospital.
The obligations of hospitalized patients in the Emergency County Hospital of Miercurea Ciuc:
1. Every hospitalized patient has the obligation to wear regular hospital outfit during hospitalization.
2. The movement of patients to other departments is prohibited, except the cases when investigations are necessary.
3. Hospitalized patients are not allowed to leave the hospital in hospital outfit, the movement to streets and parks in this kind of outfit being prohibited.
4. The consumption of alcoholic beverages and smoking is prohibited within the hospital.
5. Hospitalized patients have the obligation to respect the regulation of internal order of the hospital and of the department.
6. Every patient has the obligation to respect the hospital, the medical and nursing personnel, as well as the other patients.
7. Every patient has the obligation to respect the order and the peace, to keep the rooms, dining halls and hallways clean.
8. The disturbance of peace as well as the degradation of furniture and other goods of the department and the hospital is prohibited.
9. The introduction of audio-visual equipment into the hospital is possible only with the consent of the cheif doctor of the department.